Sunday, December 17, 2006

Simmering in Sarasota






















Its winter.... apparently ! at around 82 degrees and 58% humidity winter just loses its sting. La-Poo has been swimming in the Gulf every day, and I'm sweating as I write.

Sarasota is very nice, its clean and has a beachy feel, the Gulf is just like its described... just about a mill pond... not a wave in site. Its odd in a way, even in the Caymans there are waves, but here on the gulf its as flat as the horizon. The beaches on the other hand are amazing, I would describe the "sand" as powder, Annmarie says its like Flour and although we differ on the description I'm sure you get the picture. Each step on the beach squeaks, for the most part its spotlessly clean but in comparison to the water in the Gulf its self, it borders on dirty. The water is crystal clean, I waded in the water a short while and a school of four small rays swam past my feet, obviously unconcerned with my presence.
We have been exploring Sarasota a little, its been primarily the beach and walking the dogs. But we also went to a place called St. Armand's Square, its the snooty part of town and of course managed to calm Annmarie's frayed nerves all be it for a day, they were having a Porsche show and that made a pleasant distraction for me.
Last night we went for drinks with some friends at the Sarasota's Brewing Company, all in all a bloody good night out, the beer was good, there were four or five sporting events on as many 150 inch plus screens and at least everyone not driving managed to get plastered.

No comments: