Thursday, December 28, 2006

Politically Incorrect

“IF” taxation without representation is Tyranny, I call fowl on Washington DC.

We were really looking forward to our day in the Nations Capital, but what a huge disappointment the political center of the “free world’ is. Since I’m pretty soured by today’s experience there is a chance that the tone of today’s Blog may come across as exaggerated. But let me assure you, there in no need to over play the downside of Washington…. Its disgusting !
There was a point on one street where if suddenly a blind fold I was wearing was removed… there is no way I would know if I were in Harare, Zimbabwe or in Washington DC. There were five homeless beggars staggered along the street at roughly 100 foot intervals and the ransacked buildings were either derelict of just owned by long gone absentee slumlords. There were obviously no trash cans… or if there were there were hidden under the trash strewn around the place. All this in the same place where the highest elected official in the world lives. Like I said… if taxation without representation is Tyranny then there is something seriously wrong in America. The village idiot, aka George Bush has found a way to piss away billions and billions of dollars in Iraq, but obviously isn’t interested in looking after his own back yard.
Let me close my little Washington DC rant with an analogy. If you take a pint glass and fill it with raw sewage and then add a spoonful of Coca Cola… that pint is going to taste like shit. In the same way if you take a pint of Coca Cola and stir in a spoonful of raw sewage…. Guess what its going to taste like !
Having said that, I don’t care if Washington is home to a spotless White House, I don’t care if the Smithsonian is spectacular or the Lincoln memorial, marvelous…. When you stir in the ghetto, that’s the only thing I see, and that’s Washington DC.
We, got in and crawled out… the traffic was hideous and lets just say I understand why the President fly’s into DC instead of going by car like the poor tax paying idiots that fund his party. I was especially keen on having to slow to a stop every so often to pay for toll roads that look like they were built in the 60’s so I can’t figure out why there is still a toll required on them. But in the last day I have contributed $19 to the East Coast road ways…. Someone remind me again why we pay taxes ?
Anyway… enough’s enough… I’ll bring today’s Blog to an end by saying that as you know I love a good metaphor… and in the spirit of creativity I’m going to ditch my “Chalk and Cheese” metaphor and change it to “ DC and Sydney”.

1 comment: